You need to login to submit an event!
Rolling Stone has chosen its 10 best mixtapes of the year. Topping the list is Chance The Rapper’s Acid Rap, which actually charted on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart in August, even though it was sold by bootleggers.
“Chicago’s Chance the Rapper established himself in 2013 as the strongest new voice in Hip Hop: cool enough for the teens, thoughtful enough for the old heads, pop enough to open for Lil Wayne, and with his street bona fides established by virtue of his coming out of Chicago’s rap scene,” Rolling Stone writes.
“On Acid Rap, he recalls a number of the greats — young Kanye in lush sonics, Slim Shady in spastic flow, Kendrick in inquisitive worldview — but the full-length is precocious enough to make those comparisons feel like positive premonitions rather than millstones.”
1. Acid Rap - Chance The Rapper
2. Blue Chips 2 - Action Bronson
3. Young Rich N****s - Migos
4. Fireworks - DJ Mustard & TeeFlii
5. 1017 Thug - Young Thug
6. Dreamchasers 3 - Meek Mill
7. Innanetape - Vic Mensa
8. Signed to the Streets - Lil Durk
9. Rich B4 Rap - ZMoney
10. Still Goin’ In Reloaded - Rich Homie Quan